Coconut oil has many beneficial effects on the dog. It not only helps with grooming but also keeps annoying ticks and fleas away. the way to use copra oil for dog exactly, you’ll determine during this guide.
Coconut oil in dogs: positive effect in many areas
From hair care to oral hygiene, copra oil isn’t only popular within the kitchen. The copra oil is additionally suitable for animal care. the large advantage: The copra oil may be a natural product, so it doesn’t harm your dog when it licks it – unlike chemicals with controversial ingredients.
Because of the long transport distances, copra oil features a serious climate impact.
If you purchase one, it should be certified organic. Also, less is more!
Coconut oil for fur and paws of the dogs
The paws are very sensitive in dogs and may be cracked. In winter, they’re heavily employed by road salt on the roads. In summer, the warmth of the asphalt affects the dog paws.
The copra oil protects the paws from the weather, prevents injuries and keeps the paws supple.
• First, rub a hazelnut-sized amount of the oil on your hands then massage your dog’s paws with it.
Coconut oil also helps with dry and flaky skin and cares for the coat. With regular use, it gives shine and makes the coat supple and combable. additionally , it eliminates unpleasant odors through the pleasant coconut fragrance.
• counting on the dimensions and length of your dog’s hair, use a pea-sized to a walnut-sized portion of copra oil and spread it over the animal’s coat
Coconut oil as natural protection against parasites
Coconut oil may be a natural means of external protection against ticks, mites, and fleas. In India, copra oil has long been wont to repel ticks and other insects, and initial studies on humans are successful.
Since copra oil is free from toxic additives, no side effects are known. The protection makes possible the contained dodecanoic acid . The unique carboxylic acid complex also works in already infected animals, because the dodecanoic acid attacks the chitin armor of the pests. Preventively, the copra oil prevents the parasites from settling within the dog.
• once you start treatment, rub your dog with a pea-sized walnut-sized amount of copra oil before each walk (depending on size). Pay special attention to those regions that prefer ticks: the face, the ears, and therefore the stomach.
• After the walk, you ought to still inspect your dog for ticks.
• After several weeks of use, it’s sufficient to rub the dog only two or 3 times every week .
Tip: Ear mites also can be treated with copra oil . Add a cloth to liquid copra oil and wipe your dog’s ears with it.
Protection against internal parasites
Worm infestation in pets doesn’t necessarily need to be worrying. Rather, the parasites challenge the system of your animal and strengthen it. If your dog is healthy, he can cope well with the burden of worms or other intestinal parasites.
For the subsequent symptoms of parasite infestation, it’s going to be helpful to assist your pet with coconut oil:
• Weight loss
• Itching round the anus
• bloated stomach
The oil is worming if the infestation isn’t already too advanced. additionally , it creates a worm-deficient intestinal climate during which the parasites don’t feel well. The antiparasitic effect is strengthened by supporting the microorganism and successively mobilizing your dog’s own defenses.
Coconut oil is therefore suitable for treating initial symptoms also as for prophylactic use. In contrast to medical cures, it keeps your animal’s body in balance and you’ll safely use it for an extended time.
If the symptoms don’t improve quickly, it’s going to be a severe worm infestation or other illness. during this case, make certain to additionally visit a veterinarian.
• counting on the dimensions , supplement your dog’s food with about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of copra oil .
• For the oil to be fully effective, it’s best to treat your pet for several weeks.
Coconut oil for the treatment of injuries in dogs
Coconut oil is additionally suitable for wounds:
• The fat layer of the copra oil supplies the skin and may protect wounds from external influences like dirt. confirm that the wound is dry, so you are doing not bring any additional germs into the wound.
• additionally , the oil soothes the itching and may also help your dog optimally with surgical wounds. additionally , it reduces scarring.
• Unlike creams with chemical ingredients, it doesn’t harm your pet when it licks the oil. Therefore, copra oil is even suitable for injuries within the mouth.
• copra oil also can treat bad breath. Just add a teaspoon of copra oil to your dog’s food.